About Our Hub Network
What is the Hub Network?
The AIDE Canada initiative was founded by the Miriam Foundation in Montreal and the Pacific Autism Family Network in Vancouver. In May of 2020 AIDE Canada expanded our initiative to include four additional regional hubs across Canada, bringing the total to six. These hubs complement the online platform with direct, person-to-person services and resources. Some of the work that the hubs contribute to has included:
- Developing and vetting lists of local programs and resources, found in the "Locate" section of our webpage
- Creating locally-relevant content that speaks to the needs of community members living in different regions across Canada
- Hosting webinars and online events
- Assisting people who reach out to AIDE Canada to find the resources they need, either in person or through the live chat feature of our website.
- Ensuring all our materials are available in both French and English
The creation of the 6 Hubs was an important step in fulfilling our commitment to leverage existing resources across the country. Over the past year AIDE Canada has worked to expand and strengthen the connections amongst service providers and organizations that contribute to the capacity of the autism and/or intellectual disability community.