AIDE Canada ID Inclusion Art Showcase
Terms and Conditions
Showcase rules and Regulations
By participating in the AIDE Canada “ID Inclusion Art Showcase” (the “Art Showcase”), each entrant agrees to be bound by these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and the decisions of AIDE Canada, which are final and binding in all respects.
Eligibility To participate in this Art Showcase, you have to be
- A resident of Canada and
- A person who is autistic (or a person with autism) and a person with an intellectual disability
- Legal guardians may enter the showcase on the artist’s behalf.
Showcase period + Key Dates
- The showcase runs from September 26th, 2022 to November 4, 2022 (midnight)
- All Showcase Winners will be contacted via email by November 11th, 2022 to provide details about how to claim prizes
- The Showcase results will be announced on AIDE Canada Social Media Channels on November 15, 2022
- Providing an easy way for members of the intellectual disability community to share their thoughts and feelings about the potential elements of a National Autism Strategy with policy makers.
- Drawing attention to thoughts and feelings of individuals who may have difficulty communicating in traditional policy forums such as on-line conferences, letter writing, or town halls,
- Solicit the views of individuals with intellectual disability on the themes laid out in the Canadian Academy of Health Sciences Report, “Autism in Canada: Considerations for Future Public Policy Development” (May 2022)
- Visual Arts including drawing, painting, photography, poster art and collage
- Poetry/spoken word including written words, audio recordings, or audio + video
- Music including audio recording, or audio +video
The Showcase prizes are:
- 4 Cash Grand Prizes (value: $250 each)
- 50 Outstanding Art Prizes (Certificate of Merit, no cash value)
The AIDE Canada ID Inclusion Art Showcase has been made possible due to the financial support of the Public Health Agency of Canada, and the Pacific Autism Family Network.
How to enter
- No purchase or entry fee is required.
- Fill out this application form: Showcase Entry
- Attach a picture of your art work (1-10 MB), or include a downloadable YouTube, Vimeo or TikTok link for all audio and video material
Submissions must be original content created by the entrant themselves or by the legal guardian of the entrant. Submissions must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright. Organizations are not eligible. A showcase moderator will vet submissions to ensure that they do not contain: hate, obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion, or content/images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful. By participating in this Art Showcase, each entrant warrants and represents that they have all required permissions and releases required to share the art and that the Entry:
- is original to them, or a person of whom they are the legal guardian, that the entrant has all necessary rights in and to the Entry used to enter this Art Showcase
- does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation
- does not contain any reference to any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence
- will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever
- is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
- Sexual activity
- Offensive language and/or symbols
- Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups
- Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behavior or conduct
- Personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names and addresses (physical or email)
- Conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules
- Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services
- Any identifiable third-party products and/or trade-marks or brands;
- Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by AIDE Canada in its sole discretion
Judging / Awarding Prizes All art entries are subject to pre-screening by Showcase Moderator to ensure compliance with the Official Showcase Rules. Any art not in alignment will not be posted or considered eligible.
The AIDE Canada Selection Committee
The Selection Committee will be comprised of a diverse panel of 3 community members (2 of whom identify as neurodivergent and one of whom is the immediate family member of a person who is autistic and has an intellectual disability).
- Connection to the selected theme
- Artistic realization
- Emotional impact
- The goal of amplifying the thoughts and feelings of individuals with intellectual disability , and ensuring geographic, age and social diversity as determined through the Artist Statement
All Showcase Winners will be contacted via email by November 11th, 2022 to provide details about how to claim prizes. The Showcase results will be announced on AIDE Canada Social Media Channels on November 15, 2022. Prizes will be awarded only on verification by AIDE Canada that all requirements have been met by the potential winners. If for any reason a selected entrant cannot be reached through the contact information provided, or does not respond within seventy-two (72) hours of being contacted, or if there is any reason a winner cannot accept the prize as awarded, the next eligible entrant will be awarded the prize. Any alternate winner will have the same rights and obligations as the original winners. AIDE Canada will pay the costs to deliver the prizes to the winner’s address provided within Canada.
Social Media Statement
Disclaimers and exclusion of liability
By participating, entrants agree to hold AIDE Canada, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, other agents, and their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless against any and all claims, loss, liability, injury, or damage to entrant or any other person or entity due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of their acceptance, possession or use of a prize or their participation in this Art Showcase AIDE Canada is not responsible for incomplete, lost, or late Entries or faulty transmissions, technical computer hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or interrupted or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled, misrouted, scrambled, or delayed computer transmission, or other errors or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human, electronic, or otherwise, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Art Showcase. AIDE Canada is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of this Art Showcase, or in the announcement of the prizes. AIDE Canada assumes no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate Entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled, or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction, or alteration of Entries at any point in the operation of this Art Showcase; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation, or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers, or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of this Art Showcase; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the entry portals on any particular day; or (e) any injury or damage to entrant’s or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to obtain further information concerning this Art Showcase. AIDE Canada reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, modify, suspend, or terminate this Art Showcase, for any reason, including if, in AIDE Canada’s sole opinion, technical failures, applicable laws or regulations, virus, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, or other cause beyond AIDE Canada’s control destroys the integrity of this Art Showcase or otherwise corrupts or impairs the administration, security, legality, fairness, or proper play of this Art Showcase or any part thereof. If, for any reason, this Art Showcase is not capable of running as planned for any reason which may include, without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, violation of applicable law or regulation, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Art Showcase, AIDE Canada reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Art Showcase in whole or in part.
By submitting artwork to the #IncludingIDArt Showcase, you confirm that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and that you accept them.